Square Enix has announced today that the 3D remake of Final Fantasy IV: The After Years will be coming to Steam on May 12th. Priced at $15.99, this version is based off the 3D remake released on mobile devices. FFIV: The After Years was originally released on WiiWare as episodic content and then later as part of the FFIV: Complete Collection on PSP.
The Steam version, which will feature a 10% off pre-order discount, includes the following features:
- Ten Playable Chapters – Begin your journey with "Ceodore’s Tale." Complete it to unlock the chapters of six additional characters, which can be played in any order, and then return to the core story with "Kain’s Tale," "The Lunarian’s Tale," and "The Crystals." Final Fantasy IV: The After Years features the extensive story of all ten chapters.
- Active Time Battle – Take control of exhilarating combat made possible by the non-stop action in Square Enix’s iconic battle system.
- Lunar Phases – Feel the moon’s presence in combat, as its waxing and waning influences the potency of attacks and abilities of all combatants. Lunar phases cycle naturally with the passage of in-game time, or when resting at an inn, tent, or cottage.
- Band Abilities – Combine the strength of your party members to awesome effect with Band abilities that can be unlocked through in-game events or by leveling your characters’ Affinity.
- Steam Trading Cards and Achievements
- A new opening by Visual Works