Square-Enix has revealed two new pieces of Final Fantasy XIII-2 merchandise: a Post Card book, and a 232 page book titled “Final Fantasy XIII-2 Fragments Before.”
The post card book will release the same day as the game, December 15th, and will be priced at 1260 Yen. It will contain a collection of CG illustrations including Serah, Lightning, Noel, Caius, etc. It comes with 24 post cards along with an additional 8 page character introduction.
“Final Fantasy XIII-2 Fragments Before,” the 232 page book, will be priced at 1470 Yen and is also due out December 15th. The novel takes place before the events of XIII-2 and is similar to Final Fantasy VII’s “On the Way to a Smile.” “Fragments Before” will contain several stories revolving around characters such as Serah, Snow, Noel, Rygdea, and Bartholomew Estheim. It is written by Jun Eishima (who also wrote Episode i), the novel is being supervised by Motomu Toriyama and Daisuke Watanbe.
- Serah: Memories of the year 0 AF.
- New Bodhum: A story of the year 3 AF.
- Snow: The story of his departure.
- Rygdea & Bartholomew: The creation of a provisional government, and the secret history of the founding of the Academy.
- Noel: The end of the world, a period of uncertainty.