Square Enix has released a new batch of screenshots showing off the PS3 version of Final Fantasy XIV. The PS3 version of the game will feature a special UI for use with the DualShock 3 controller. The PC version will also feature this UI if you wish to play with a controller. The interface, called the Cross Hotbar interface, is one of the many changes coming to Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. The update (and PS3 version) will be out early next year.
- Amon – One of the optional bosses from FINAL FANTASY III making a return appearance in FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn
- Leviathan – A Summon that first appeared in FINAL FANTASY II, the giant sea serpent has appeared throughout the series
- Odin – A Summon that first appeared in FINAL FANTASY III, the powerful knight has appeared in all subsequent series titles
- Skilled Chocobos – As part of the pet breeding aspect of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, Chocobos can be raised with focus on different skills like healing, attacking and using magic.
- Level 40 Dungeon – First reveal of various planned dungeons within FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn